ondays– I hate you then I love you, then I love you then I hate you. Like most breathing beings on this planet, I have a love-hate relationship with Mondays. The obvious dislike stems from having to get back into my monotonous 9-to-5 work routine, losing the freedom to wake up whenever I damn well please, and having to give up my beloved mid-day cocktail. OK you got me – cocktails. (I’m convinced I’m more productive when I’m lightly booze infused. Just saying.)
But minus the obvious “it’s no longer the weekend” there is also something very rejuvenating about Mondays that makes me look forward to the day week after week. I’m crazy I know, but hear me out…
Think of it this way
- You woke up today, that in itself is something to be thankful for.
- Monday sets the tone for the rest of your week. Nothing bad has had a chance to happen yet so how the rest of your week maps out is dependent on you & your attitude. Use the momentum of a whole new week to propel you forward.
- It’s a new beginning, let go of the past. If you feel like you failed at something previously you now have the opportunity to redeem yourself by hitting reset and starting fresh this week.
- Refuel—You have exactly 4 ½ days to let your body recover from the late night happy hours before you go back and do it all over again on Friday night. Your body is your temple, take care of that sh*t.
- Plan ahead. You now have the next few days to plan for your next
So you see Mondays are not all that bad. Perspective–It’s all about perspective.