Well, well, well look who decided to show up to this corner of the interweb.
I know! I’m just as shocked as you are!
I will admit I’m not prepared. In fact as I type this I’m not exactly sure what this post is going to be about so bear with me.
….Fuck …. I should have prepared.….
I guess we should start off with the mandatory introductory/ get-to-know-me post, shall we?
First things first—If you’re anything like me then you’re probably wondering…
Age, nationality, occupation, bra size?
(You know all that personal shit that shouldn’t matter but you can’t help but wonder about a blogger.)
I am twenty-six. Mexican. I was born in Mexico-Manzanillo, Colima to be exact and now I’m living in sunny San Diego, CA. (It’s as close to living in Mexico as you can get without actually living IN Mexico.) I work an average 9-to-5 job consisting of general admin. work, nothing fancy or remotely exciting. I also dabble in freelance writing and styling…And if you’re really dying to know…itty bitty titty committee. You creep.
What’s with the blog name?
The first time I attempted to blog I did so over on Blogger under the name Within The Sun, don’t ask why. I think it was the only name I could come up with at the time in which the dot com domain was available so I went with it. My love with that domain was like a Kardashian-Humphries marriage—short lived. After a few months the name itself made me feel uninspired, it had nothing to do with me or what I was going through, so back to the drawing board I went to find myself the Kanye of blog names.
9to5Dropout is personal to me in many ways; the name came to me at a time where my life was feeling stagnant. The monotonous routine of my 9-to-5 was weighing down on me to an unbearable level. Couple that with the vicious emotional roller coaster I strapped myself into after dropping out of college where every day I told myself that I was destined to live a mediocre unaccomplished life, and then on top of that sprinkle my undeniable desire to be an entrepreneur and TA-DA! you have 9to5Dropout.com.
I consider this a passion project. Like many twenty-something-year-old girls (women?) I have yet to find the thing that makes my heart flutter. I have yet to decide what I want my legacy and my contribution to the world to be. I’m doing this to push myself out of my comfort zone, to do things I wouldn’t normally dare to do, in hopes that within one of these actions I discover my true calling.
Some semi-interesting but mostly just random facts about me…
- Personal mantras? Mind over matter, Life is simple people are good, and I think therefore I am.
- Guilty pleasures? Thrifting, Hennessey on the rocks, stalking both well established and up-and-coming entrepreneurs. Oh and let’s not forget the tacos, lots of them.
- Dislikes? People who confuse their lack of drive with patience and people who mask slow progress (or lack thereof) with “it’s part of the process”.
- Coffee or Tea? Tea all the way. I don’t drink coffee. Gasp! It gives me heart palpitations plus it makes me poop so no, just no. TMI?
- Bad habit? I have a potty mouth, not very ladylike I know but I accept this about myself and to be frank I also happen to love this about myself. I’m appropriately inappropriate.
- I’m incredibly bossy. Not in a mean way but in the I-get-shit-done way.
- I speak really fast and loud; I’m Latina I can’t help it.
- Ironing clothes is my kryptonite.
- I’m hypersensitive to repetitive sounds. If I hear someone smacking their food I die a slow painful death. Every. Damn. Time.
- I’m addicted to gifs, memes, funny/ cute pictures of animals etc… What can I say I’m very mature for my age ;P
- I’m a mother to two precious babies…of the four legged kind. Oskar (Tabby-cat) and Kobe (Chorkie-dog)
- I won a writing contest in the 6th grade for a poem I wrote about soccer, because of it my mom thinks I’m a literary genius. I don’t have the heart to tell her that as an adult I no write so good.
- I was adopted at 21 years old alongside a bunch of toddlers and newborns.
And last but not least– I’m not super trendy, I’m not very crafty, and I don’t have an overly dramatic life. I’m just your average twenty-something year old trying to keep my head above water in this sea of life known as adulthood. Shout-out to all my regular girls trying to live a not-so-average life!
If you have any other question about me feel free to comment below and I’ll try to answer them as best I can. No dating questions though- don’t make it weird.