Well, well, well, look who decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon.
I know! I’m just as shocked as you are!
I will admit I’m not prepared. In fact as I type this I’m not exactly sure what this post is going to be about so bear with me.
….Fuck …. I should have prepared.….
I guess we should start off with the mandatory introductory/ get-to-know-me post, shall we?
First things first—If you’re anything like me then you’re probably wondering…
Age, nationality, occupation, bra size?
(You know all that personal sh*t that shouldn’t matter but you can’t help but wonder about other bloggers.)
I am twenty-six. Mexican. I was born in Mexico-Manzanillo, Colima to be exact and now I’m living in sunny San Diego, CA. (It’s as close to living in Mexico as you can get without actually living IN Mexico.) I work an average 9-to-5 job consisting of general admin. work; nothing fancy or too exciting. I also dabble in freelance writing and styling.
AND if you’re really dying to know…itty-bitty-titty committee. You creep.
What’s with the blog name?
The first time I attempted to blog I did so over on Blogger under the name Within The Sun. Don’t ask why. I think it was the only name I could come up with at the time in which the dot com domain was available so I went with it. My love with that domain was like a Kardashian-Humphries marriage—sad and short-lived. After a few months the name itself made me feel uninspired, it had nothing to do with me or what I was going through, so back to the drawing board I went to find myself the Kanye of blog names.
9to5Dropout is personal to me in many ways; the name came to me at a time where my life was feeling stagnant. The monotonous routine of my 9-to-5 was weighing down on me to an unbearable level. Couple that with the vicious emotional roller coaster I strapped myself into after dropping out of college where every day I told myself that I was destined to live a mediocre unaccomplished life, and then on top of that sprinkle my undeniable desire to be an entrepreneur and TA-DA! you have 9to5Dropout.com.
I consider this a passion project. Like many twenty-something-year-old girls (women?) I have yet to find the thing that makes my heart flutter. I have yet to decide what I want my legacy and my contribution to the world to be. I’m doing this to push myself out of my comfort zone, to do things I wouldn’t normally dare to do, in hopes that within one of these actions I discover my true calling.
Some semi-interesting but mostly just random facts about me…
– Personal mantras? -Mind over matter - Life is simple, people are good - I think therefore I am.
– Guilty pleasures? Thrifting. Tacos. The Weeknd (the artist…but yes also Sat & Sun). Hennessy on the rocks. Blog reading. Stalking entrepreneurs.
– Dislikes? People who confuse their lack of drive with patience. Regina George.
– Coffee or Tea? Tea all the way. I don’t drink coffee. Gasp! It gives me heart palpitations plus it makes me poop so no, just no. TMI?
– Bad habit? I have a potty mouth, not very ladylike I know but I accept this about myself and to be frank I also happen to love this about myself. I’m appropriately inappropriate.
– I’m incredibly bossy. Not in a mean way but in the I-get-shit-done way.
– I speak really fast and loud; I’m Latina I can’t help it.
– Ironing clothes is my Kryptonite. That being said: I love steamer, I would marry it if I could.
– I’m hypersensitive to repetitive sounds. If I hear someone smacking their food I die a slow painful death. Every. Damn. Time.
– I’m addicted to gifs, memes, funny/ cute pictures of animals… If you can’t tell by now I’m very mature for my age.
– I’m a mother to two precious babies…of the four legged kind. Oskar (cat-tabby) and Kobe (dog-chorkie).
– I won a writing contest in the 6th grade for a poem I wrote about soccer, because of it my mom thinks I’m a literary genius. I don’t have the heart to tell her that as an adult I no write so good.
– I was adopted at 21 years old alongside a bunch of toddlers and newborns.
And last but not least– I’m not super trendy, I’m not very crafty, and I don’t have an overly dramatic life. I’m just your average twenty-something year old trying to keep my head above water in this sea of life known as adulthood. Shout-out to all my regular girls trying to live a not-so-average life!
If you have any other question about me feel free to comment below and I’ll try to answer them as best I can. No dating questions though- don’t make it weird.
Toodle-Loo Mother F*ckers!
Just kidding. Be my friend?